Water Conservation Tips
Water conservation measures are an important first step in protecting our water supply. Such measures not only save the supply of our source water, but can also save you money by reducing your water bill. Here are a few suggestions.
Conservation measures you can use inside your home include:
· Fix leaking faucets, pipes, toilets, etc.
· Replace old fixtures; install water-saving devices in faucets, toilets, and appliances.
· Wash only full loads of laundry.
· Do not use the toilet for trash disposal.
· Take shorter showers.
· Do not let the water run while shaving or brushing teeth.
· Soak dishes before washing.
· Run the dishwasher only when full.
You can conserve outdoors as well:
· Water the lawn and garden in the early morning or evening.
· Use mulch around plants and shrubs.
· Repair leaks in faucets and hoses.
· Use water-saving nozzles.
· Use water from a bucket to wash your car, and save the hose for rinsing.
Do you have a streetlight in your area that is not coming on at night or does it cycle on and off throughout the night?
If so, please collect as much of the following information and contact Shelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-782-8111 to initiate a work order.
1. Address closest to light
2. Which side of road/intersection is the light located (N, NW, NE, S, SW, SE, W, E)?
3. Six-Digit Pole #: (This can usually be found on a yellow plate on the pole)
4. Problem: (Out completely, Flickers On and Off, On during daylight hours, Lens Cover broken)
5. Please also provide your name and phone # so that we can reach you with a repair status update, if necessary.
Curbside Recycling Program
Please do not wrap recyclables in plastic bags
• Paper, Newspaper, Catalogs, Phone Books
• Paper Grocery Bags
• Cardboard Boxes, Cereal Boxes, Egg Cartons, Paperboard
• Plastics #1, 2 (rinsed)
• Steel, Tin or Aluminum Food and Beverage Cans (rinsed)
Do NOT Include These Items
• NO Plastic Bags, Plastic Wrap or Film. (Please return to your retailer)
• NO Glossy or Waxy Paper Products
• NO Shredded Paper
• NO Glass
• NO Food Waste, or Paper Products Soiled with Food Waste
• NO Disposable Diapers
• NO Medical Waste or Needles
• NO Grass, Green Waste, Wood
• NO Foam Cup or Containers
• NO Clothes or Shoes
• NO Children’s Toys, Large Plastic Items or Laundry Baskets
• NO Batteries
• NO Containers with Liquid