Land Use Permits, Flood Zones and City Council Meetings

Land Use Permits

What are they for and when do I need one?
Land use permits ensure that any property owner planning to build a fence, install or build a shed, or add concrete to their lot, is able to do so within the requirements of the North Ogden City Zoning Code. This ensures that the property owner’s interests, the interests of their neighbors, and the interests of the city are considered.

Projects that require a land use permit:

  • An accessory building up to 199 sq. ft. in size. (Any accessory building 200 sq. ft. or larger requires a building permit).
  • Adding any impermeable surface such as concrete or asphalt.
  • When adding any fence.
  • Decks require a building permit (not a land use permit).

Information needed to process an application:

  • A simply drawn plan that shows square footage of the lot to be built upon, the size and location of existing buildings or structures. (We don’t accept photos, aerial photos, Google Map, etc.)
  • The square footage of existing concrete/asphalt on the lot.
  • The square footage of proposed concrete/asphalt.
  • The square footage of the existing building footprint.
  • Plans and dimensions for any proposed structure, including height.
  • A site plan showing the dimensions of the proposed project and distances from property lines.
  • Any other site-specific information.

If you have any questions regarding land use permits, zoning, or planning, please contact a member of the North Ogden City Planning Department at 801-737-9841.

Flood Zones

Questions regarding flood zones should be directed to Eric Casperson, City Engineer, at 801-782-7211.

FEMA flood maps are available for your review at the city offices. We also have elevation certificates.

City Council Meetings

The mayor and city council welcome your input and attendance at the council meetings held the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, starting at 6 p.m.

Work sessions are held as needed on the first Tuesdays of each month at 6 p.m.

Visit our website at for changes.

Questions, Comments, Accolades?
For information, community, and city department contacts visit

Leave a Reply