Special article brought to you by Heiner’s Insurance Center
POSTED BY ADDIE B. – ACUITY
Laundry day can be daunting. The dirty clothes all in one pile, sorting them into multiple piles, and then having to remember to flip it. Let’s not even talk about folding the clothes. The tasks go on and on. One thing you don’t want to deal with on laundry day is a dirty washing machine.
Yes, you read that correctly—the machine you use to clean clothes can get dirty too!
HERE ARE SIX WAYS TO KEEP YOUR WASHING MACHINE CLEAN.
- Keep the door open when not in use.
- Try to wipe out the inside and especially the rubber seal/gasket after every use.
- Scrub the detergent drawer and leave cracked open when not in use.
- Eliminate smells by pouring 1/2 cup baking soda inside the drum, add 1 cup white vinegar to the detergent dispenser, and run the washer empty on hot water.
- Clean the drain pump/filter—lint, hair, and coins end up trapped there. Getting rid of the debris will help get rid of the smell and make the machine run more efficiently. Be sure to check the manual for directions on how to open and clean the filter.
OK, now that you have the ins and outs of cleaning your washing machine down, let’s fold those clothes!